Friday, March 13, 2009

Our First Lamb!!


What a darlin' lamb! We heard Basa barking and went out to check what was going on. Look what we found :) Honestly, I knew they'd be little (we raise Shetlands after all) but my goodness, when she stands next to the fence she's not as tall as three of the squares on the 4"x4" cattle panel fencing she was next to.

After we got mama and baby set up in their own space and took care of the necessities we came in for a quick lunch and then back to check on everyone - with the camera this time. She's been nursing like a champ and was taking a nap when I started taking pictures. Mama didn't seem too happy with me waking her up so I'll try and get more pictures tomorrow

9 comments:

  1. Congratulations! She's so adorable!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The little lamb is so adorable. I love your knitting as well. The homespun in your scarf is beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awe! So sweet! I hope you will post more pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks Theresa :) I'll be putting more pictures up soon. She's so cute when she hops around! I can hardly wait for more lambs - due any day now - so I can watch them play together.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks Deborah, I just checked out the baby chicks on your blog, almost makes me wish we were going to have chickens again :) The scarf is done now, I'll see about getting a picture of it up, that was some of the most fun I've had spinning in a while!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hope, Thank you :) Shearing is April 14th this year, we should have lots of lambs by then, just in case y'all want to come out again :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Nancy,
    We'd love to come out and help. What time on 4/14 would you like us there?

    My apologies about not getting back to you about the llama fiber... been to embarrassed to say I just don't have any money right now. :\

    ReplyDelete
  8. There's not much cuter than baby lambs, and not many cuter than Shetlands!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ohhhhh, cute baby Nancy! Ours will start arriving the first of April and we finished shearing this past week ;) Look forward to seeing the rest of your lambs

    ReplyDelete